01 June, 2010

Sonia Rykiel A/W 2010

Sonia Rykiel is not usually a designer which I take much notice of during fashion week but this season, her collection really caught my eye. I think it was the range of fabrics and textures which she used so well that I loved the most in this collection. She explored so many themes and referenced so many trends that it is an impossible collection to hate. The combination of slouchy knits and feminine sheers, over-sized mens tailoring and flattering hem lines and her ever effervescent vintage inspiration gave me a feel of the British women at home during World War II in the time of "make-do and mend". Though she didn't fail to keep the looks modern with an abstract pom-pom head piece with each outfit. All the clothes looked so comfortable, cozy and extremely wearable, which, lets face it, is what we want in an Autumn/Winter collection. The colour palette was over-all rather muted with perfectly placed flashes of colour. I would go as far as to say that this was one of my favourite collections this season.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Personal favourite - a little bit Westwood I feel)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Very 50's inspired, my grandmother had a dress very similar to this in her hay day, I will try and find a photo)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic