28 June, 2010

Yohji Yamamoto S/S 11

All the menswear shows I have seen from Milan were fantastic but when I finally looked at Yamamoto's collection, I was probably the most excited I have been about menswear since A Child Of The Jago's first collection at London Fashion Week. It is such a dynamic collection with so many intricate details to pick up on. Without sounding like a broken record, it reminded me of a Westwood collection in that it mixed the minimalistic tailoring Yamamoto is so fond of with lively prints and colours, elaborate accessories, and varying silhouettes. The quirky unfinished lapels and loose neck ties were my favourite features, however. Oh how I wish men like this walked the streets of Liverpool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
see what I mean about these lapels? genius.