08 March, 2011

G-Star.

I'll be honest, I only own 2 pairs of jeans and I very rarely wear them. So, I have never really followed G-Star's shows as I expected them to be all denim and leather and I wasn't sure it would be my cup of tea. But, when I saw the show on Vice Style, I was very impressed. The clothes had a cool, wearable feel but they also showed their impeccable craftsmanship with beautifully sharp, clean cut jackets and shorts. The jeans that were in the show had a drop crotched silhouette which was reminiscent of Vivienne Westwood's MC hammer style pants; of which I am a HUGE fan. The styling was cool but also very chic and the looks, I feel, represented New York perfectly. I also LOVE the Doc Martin style red shoes and just might have to invest in a pair. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by G-Star's effortlessly cool A/W 2011 show and will keep an eye out for further shows.

Photobucket

Oh, and not forgetting, G-Star have named Gemma Arterton the new face of the brand and let's be honest, she's rather hot. Plus the campaign was shot by Anton Corbijn (director of Control) who is a fucking brilliant photographer. See her interviewed along with other videos and interviews at Vice Style.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket